Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January 12 - 18th.... cleanse theyself

january 12th
this is my third post and i feel like i'm starting to get a little more into the flow of things. remembering to take my camera with me, though i'm still kicking myself at the end of the day because forgot to take a pic and  missed a photo op...darn it all.  


 

deep breath...fourth day of my fast and drinking 32 oz of apples juice is easy peasy.  apple juice so sweet and good,  yum.  hope it doesn't mess with my blood sugar too much. one thing i've noticed since i started the fast is that my stomach is not bothering me like it was before.  i'm very happy with this diet...vegan-licious. 




january 13th. 

friday the 13th...colonic therapy today in prep for the final stage of my cleanse.  the office was in a beautiful old apartment building in east mount airy. big wide airy hallways, with beautiful  wooden staircases, floors and wainscoting.  i love these old buildings.  i was a bit nervous about having this treatment, i've only done it  once before...back in the early 1980's... and it was not a pleasant experience.  no wonder i was somewhat  apprehensive going in, but it all was for naught. the practitioner was a lovely woman who made me feel very comfortable and explained everything to me.   i learned some interesting facts about my body and the digestive process.   

january 14th

my mother-in-law's 80th birthday party today, but i was not able to attend because i was in the middle of this cleanse. my husband drove all the way to windsor, ontario on his own, nine long hours, while remained at home alone to finish up what i started.  big long walk in the morning.   then yoga.  the holly  bushes in our yard are beautiful.  so many berries on them. usually the birds get them all, but it seems this year they left them in for me to enjoy. 
coming the end of my cleanse.  finished my last meal and drank the last the apple juice by 3pm.  at 6 pm i mixed up 32 oz of water mixed with epsom salts. i squeezed in some lemon juice and drank my first 8 ozs of this concoction.  ughhhh...well it wasn't so bad, very bitter. drank another 8 oz at 8pm and then at 10 i drank the dreaded olive oil and grapefruit juice smoothy. surprise..it was really very tasty.  then to bed to await the morning flush








january 15th

up at 6am. drank another glass of epsom salts and water.  another a 8am. it was quite the morning.  when all was done i was exhausted.  i rested and read and dozed in front of the fireplace untill the early afternoon. i was still feeling weak, but i got up, bathed, dressed and went over to spend some time with my grandchildren. 


u. love's to play "two the same" in fact it's usually the first words that come out of her mouth when i walk in the door. i'm always happy to play with her.' she has a little basket that she keeps all the pieces in and she dumps them out on the floor, we turn them l face up so we can see them. "there's only one hedgehog" she tells me with a big smile on her face. okay i say...can you find two the same?  we've never  finished a game entirely, but we've gotten pretty close once. when she's done playing, its time to pick up the tiles and put them in back in the basket. she begins clean-up without saying a word...signaling that it's time to move on to the next activity.  

l's house for dinner, scrabble, and then watched masterpiece theatre's latest installment of  'downtown abbey'. 

l prepared some delicious roasted veggies, ymmm.  and she won the game, it was close though.  it was one of those games that started off with a rack like this:  a e o o u i i ....i'm not kidding...i went first by throwing in all my tiles.  unfortunately it didn't get much better throughout the game.  very sad. 





 january 16th ... soup's on
 my daughter and i had another dinner date....we made a big pot of orange lentil soup.  there was some discussion about the nutritional footprint of red lentils as opposed to other types of lentils.  it turns out that red lentils are a rich source of both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber. one-quarter of a cup of lentils contains 7 grams or 28 percent of the daily recommended intake of dietary fiber. good to know.   it turned out to be very delicious and we made enough to last for a few days. :-)

january 17th

oshtie enjoying a the sun on this beautiful day.  what a life....how i wish i were able to sit outside and enjoy the day. but no...i must drive to work and then sit at a desk all day. boo hoo.





january 18th...knit one purl two

our knitting circle meets once a month, usually at my house. but this month  we had the pleasure of meeting at the home of my dear friend  c. who lives in dresher.

here's lisa learning how to cast on a new way.









cheryl's is tackling her first pair of socks...a very brave feat in my estimation.  working with five needles takes a lot of patience, especially with such fine yarn.

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean your life is boring!? These are great stories!

    I love that holly picture -- stunning.

    Knitting circle seems like a great time. (Hey, isn't that couch the same as mine?)

    Glad you thought the fast was helpful. Interested to see how the second time around goes next month now that you've done it once.

    Soup looks awesome. I want some. Good info on lentils.

    And man that Oshtie is an old bird....I mean cat. :)

    ReplyDelete